DESMA Schuhmaschinen GmbH was founded in Achim in the north of Germany in 1946. With a staff of more than 200, it designs and manufactures machinery and plant for the footwear industry. The core technology is direct soling, a process in which the sole is injected and moulded onto the pre-produced upper. Automation technology is a new growth sector for the company. The Achim-based mechanical engineering enterprise is responsible for many innovations in industrial shoe manufacturing. Leading brands and shoe manufacturers are convinced users of worldwide proven DESMA technologies.
We look forward to welcoming numerous visitors to our stand, where we will be presenting innovative technologies and trends, such as:
- Multi Section Injection (MSI): DESMA developed its MSI technology in response to the trend towards customisation. Material injections into various sections of the sole can achieve different properties, such as hardness. What’s more, this can be individually controlled, changing from shot to shot.
- Centre Wedge and DESwing: Thanks to the Centre Wedge and DESwing processes, it is now possible to enlarge the range of design options and/or the range of features for multi-coloured soles and to offer combinations of different materials. These methods combine mouldmaking and machine control and deliver a wide range of benefits for the customer.
- In-Mould Labelling: The use of integrated plastic sheeting or textiles creates new product varieties for the outsoles, giving a virtually unlimited choice of colours and colour effects for the shoe.
- Automation and amir®c: In addition to its direct soling plant, DESMA also supports the footwear industry with automation tools such as the amir®c –production line.
- “Design for Manufacturing”: DESMA mouldmaking helps you develop production solutions to match your product ideas.
- Automated shoe production with knitted uppers: DESMA and KARL MAYER STOLL have developed an integrated solution that enables innovative shoe models to be manufactured using a highly efficient process.